The Bathroom Snob

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Clean the Shower Automatically?

You've probably seen ads for the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. This is the contraption that will spray cleaning fluid up to 8 feet across in the shower. You just push a button and then it does its thing. If you do it daily it is supposed to keep your shower clean. I'd love to hear if you have tried it. I tend to shy away from using heavy duty chemicals and prefer 'green', environmentally-friendly products. But despite being a shower snob I have a neglected shower that I hate to clean. Maybe this would do the trick?

I do wonder about something. In the process of spraying the surfaces of the shower it also spray anything else in the shower...like your soap, sponge, shampoo bottles, razor, whatever. Not sure I like the idea of using soap that has been sprayed with a chemical cleaner. On the Automatic Shower Cleaner FAQ site, they say "The formula is less harsh than other shower cleaners, so accidental skin or eye contact only requires rinsing with water. And incidental contact with the product will not harm pets. The product is also safe to spray on personal care products like shampoo, soap, and bath sponges." I don't get it. If you get it on your skin you need to rinse it off, yet it is ok to have it on soap that you then rub on your body? Does that strike anyone else as odd?

Tags: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Do you not get the soap wet when you pick it up? Just rinse it off real quick before using it... no problem

    By Blogger Guppyman, at 11:27 AM  

  • My ex-fiance got one of these to try in the house. We haven't had it long but I already notice a difference. I do rinse everything I pick up before using it just in case there's any issue with it on my skin.

    The only problem I have noticed is that I need to wait until just before I leave the bathroom to trigger it--if I'm in there when it goes off it bugs my lungs.

    Surfed in thru BlogMad

    By Blogger Serra, at 8:19 AM  

  • hmm..that 'bugs my lungs' comment is a bit worrisome, but lord knows my shower needs regular cleaning and I'm too lazy to do it! By the time i get around to it, it takes forever to get the caked on gunk off...

    By Blogger thorn_stevens, at 10:27 AM  

  • Hmm, that is an interesting point. I hadn't thought about it, though every time I saw the commercial I considered running around town to get one.

    By Blogger TW, at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home