The Bathroom Snob

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Making of a Bathroom Snob

The Bathroom Snob was mentioned in Tummy Troubles, a blog by a woman dealing with Crohn's disease. In case you don't know, Crohn's is an inflammatory bowel disease that can make you feel like your insides are your enemy. It also can lead to many, many, many trips to the bathroom.

I'm mentioning this because having a digestive disease, like Crohn's, impacts your life in ways most people wouldn't even think about. I have Crohn's and have spent many a day trying to figure out where the nearest bathroom is. The idea of a camping trip or a long car ride can instill me with fear! So now you understand how I became the Bathroom Snob. I consider myself an expert on finding bathrooms in a jiffy, and even more of an expert on analyzing why a bathroom is or is not up to snuff. But the bottom line is, as someone with Crohn's, I consider flush toilets one of the greatest inventions ever created!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Love the site! I thought I was the only bathroom snob. What about a gallery section where people can send in pictures of their bathrooms?

    By Anonymous Keisa M, at 9:10 AM  

  • Definitely turns you into a bathroom snob. I had a conference last week and the bathrooms at the conference center were wonderful.

    Bathroom stalls at work suck though. 1/2" - 1 inch gap in between the doors and the walls. No privacy. Usually filthy. They were cracking down on our cleaning lady for a while but the dried menstrual blood splatters on the door remain.

    Gotta love bathrooms where you are using it, someone walks in and sees you are in the stall and starts talking to you.

    Thanks for mentining my blog!

    By Blogger TW, at 1:51 PM  

  • Thanks for the comments! Perhaps if all of us bathroom snobs unite, we can have a successful workplace bathroom improvement campaign.

    Keisa, thanks for the suggestion for a gallery section where people can submit pictures of their bathrooms!
    -Lindsey

    By Blogger LindseyBlu, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home