The Bathroom Snob

Friday, May 26, 2006

The Toilet Geek

The Washington Post recently ran a story about Kyoji Asada, the top designer for the TOTO Toilet company. The article quotes Asada as saying "Going to the toilet should be about relaxation, comfort and cleanliness..." Now there is a man after The Bathroom Snob's heart. I bet he has some gorgeous bathrooms in his home!

The article is particularly interesting in the discussion of Japanese culture and toilets. Did you know that the Japanese word for clean is the same as the word for beautiful?

Asada is the man behind the TOTO Neorest, which is probably smarter than many people I know. It automatically opens the lid as you approach, closes the lid and flushes as you leave, and automatically purifies the air. It also has the "cyclone flush engine," a bidet-like water spray, heated seat, and a warm air dryer. Now if I just had $4,000 to spend on a toilet...

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • This reminds me of a (fiction) book I read about a woman in Japan. She had crohns and some sort of job selling fancy funerals. There was a bit of a mystery involved, I don't remember much about the book except the descriptions of the fancy Japanese toilets, particularly the "home princess". I can't remember the title and it isn't googling easy. I may still have it somewhere. When my kids went to Japan, I asked them all sorts of questions when they got home about the toilets.

    By Blogger TW, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home